The Super Bowl is always the perfect excuse to bring friends and family together for a day of football, fun, and—perhaps most importantly—food. In fact, many would agree that game day snacks are the key ingredient to a successful football party.
With the big game right around the corner, we put together this list of must-have Super Bowl food and Super Bowl snacks that are sure to score points with your guests. So, let’s kick it off!
Shareable Appetizers and Snacks for the Big Game
When planning a Super Bowl party, many hosts ask themselves: What are good snacks for football games?
Of course, you can’t go wrong with the usual suspects, like pizza, chicken wings, chili, and loaded nachos. But it’s also fun to get creative and serve themed football party food.
- Football-shaped deviled eggs. Deviled eggs always make great snacks for the big game. With just a single hack, you can give them a football flair. Simply create football laces on top of your deviled eggs with thinly sliced black olives or bell pepper strips.
- Football-shaped cheese ball. Wondering what to serve for Super Bowl parties that can make a big statement? Try this shareable football-shaped cheese ball. Mix cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and your choice of seasonings, then mold the mixture into a large football shape. Refrigerate for an hour, then roll in crushed nuts such as walnuts to make the football look brown. Use thin strips of sliced white cheese such as Swiss to create the football laces. Serve on a charcuterie board alongside crackers.
- Football veggie platter. Veggie trays are always good party snacks to have on hand for more health-conscious guests. Arrange colorful veggies in the shape of a football on a platter and use red bell pepper strips to create the laces. Serve with your favorite dip.
- Football-shaped sandwiches. If you’re looking for easy snacks for the big game, it doesn’t get any easier than this. All you need to do is use a football-shaped cookie cutter to cut sandwiches or paninis into football shapes.
- Team color mini sandwiches. If you don’t have a football-shaped cookie cutter on hand, try this. Serve a platter of mini sandwiches or sliders and top them with little flags or toothpicks that represent this year’s team colors.
- Snack stadium. The idea of a snack stadium is gaining popularity in the world of snacks for the big game. The idea is to create a charcuterie-style platter that looks like a football field. You can search online for ideas, or even buy a designated snack stadium platter that only requires you to fill different sections with game day snacks.
Game Day Snacks to Buy
In addition to Pinterest-worthy themed creations, it goes without saying that most parties include store bought or packaged snacks for the big game. Here are the most popular Super Bowl snacks to pick up at the grocery store when you’re short on time or are simply looking for an easy way to round out your menu:
- Chips. From potato chips to tortilla chips to corn chips and beyond, chips are essential snacks for the big game. Some brands even now make football-shaped chips for an extra dash of fun.
- Dip. You can’t have chips without dip. If you don’t have time to make dip, pick up some store-bought guacamole, onion dip, cheese dip, or salsa.
- Crackers. Just like with chips, you can now find football-shaped crackers at the store. It’s fun that brands are putting a themed spin on classic game day snacks to buy. If you have guests with gluten allergies or sensitivities, don’t forget to have gluten-free crackers on hand.
- Cheese. If you’re throwing together a football party at the last minute and are short of time, buy pre-cubed or pre-sliced cheese to serve with your crackers.
- Welch’s® Fruit ‘n Yogurt™ Snacks. Welch’s® Fruit ‘n Yogurt™ Snacks are the perfect kid-friendly choice to add to your snack table. They’re made with real fruit surrounded by creamy yogurt and feature an excellent source of Vitamins A & C, a good source of Vitamin D and Calcium. They also make great half-time snack ideas for little athletes heading off to sports practice.
Football Snack Ideas for Dessert
Looking for game day snacks in the dessert category? Try these fan favorites:
- Marshmallow cream cheese dip. This crowd-pleasing marshmallow cream cheese dip is one of those big game snack ideas that guests of all ages will devour. Combine 8 ounces of softened cream cheese with 8 ounces of marshmallow fluff. Using a hand mixer, mix for two minutes. Transfer to a football-shaped serving bowl and serve with fresh fruit and graham crackers.
- Chocolate-covered football strawberries. Another one of our favorite dessert snacks for the big game is chocolate-covered strawberries. Dip strawberries into melted chocolate and let them set. Use white chocolate or icing to create football laces on top.
- Greek yogurt fruit dip. Next on our list of Super Bowl snacks for dessert we have this quick and easy yogurt dip. Mix together 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract. To add a unique twist, stir in a packet of delicious Welch’s® Fruit ‘n Yogurt™ Snacks for added flavor. Serve alongside fresh fruit, biscotti, and cubed pound cake.
- Football-shaped cake. Football-shaped cake pans are easy to come by these days. And the decorating part is easy! Simply lighten canned chocolate frosting by adding a little vanilla frosting. Spread over your football cake and create the laces by piping on white icing.
- Team color dessert platter. A dessert platter with different options to choose from is always a great way to suit the different tastes of your party guests. From cookies to brownies to cupcakes and beyond, it makes it easy for everyone to grab their favorite sweet treat. To make your treats game day-ready, simply incorporate team colors through frostings, drizzles, and sprinkles.
That wraps up our list of football party food and snacks for the big game! Score big with your game day spread by offering up a touch of fruity delight with Welch’s® Fruit ‘n Yogurt™ Snacks—the ultimate game-changer. Enjoy the game and may your favorite team win!